Thursday, November 19, 2015

A different Thursday

What a difference a week makes.  Last Thursday we were planning to have mom on a plane today headed to Oregon to spend Thanksgiving with Sis, Doug, Carrie & Olivia, Alison & Justin, Griffin, Andy and kids and the whole gang.

Today - Thursday we're praying mom holds on to see all of her children make it to see her.  Sis arrives this afternoon, Doug & Carrie are flying home from their cruise in Mexico and Mike is scheduled to arrive on Sunday.  My daughter Katy has been here from Michigan for a few days and leaves today.  My other daughters Jen and Angie live here so they've had a chance to visit.  In fact, my girls wanted to make mom feel a little more at home so we went to her house, gathered a bunch of photos and re-created her wall of photos on a folding screen in her room.  When she woke up this morning at midnight she was thrilled to see the photos and has talked about them all morning.



Last night was a blessing. Mom slept another 7 hours until 7 am this morning, woke up with only a 1 on the 1 to 10 pain scale and was able to eat a half banana and a cup of water.  She asked to look at the photos of her trip to France with Jeanette and made it through the Normandy photos up to the photos of Versaille when she needed a break.

She gets tired easily and will doze off in the middle of a conversation but she loves to talk when she can.

We love her and want only the best for her.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Aunt Bonnie...I am so thankful you are surrounded by Dave, Jeanette and girls. I am sorry you have had some awful pain, but I am certain that you will be well taken care of now that you have some ongoing assistance.

    I remember you visiting our home and can still picture you playing cards at the kitchen table with mom and dad. I always enjoyed going to your house and playing with Jeanette. I was so intrigued by the bomb shelter in the back yard. I appreciate your goodness and I am happy that you have experienced the sweet love of family and friends all along life's journey.

    In Isaiah 43 we can read...
    Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.
     2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
     3 For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour:

    I know our loving Heavenly Father will carry you in your time of need. I love you.

    Cristie xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Grandma! I love you very much, and I can't wait to see you tomorrow. I'm so thankful to have you in my life as you are the most wonderful and caring person I know. I hope we can find time for a few hands of gin. - Love, Griffin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Grandma B! I wanted to send a quick note to let you know I'm thinking about you. I'm so glad you have the whole crew there to be with you. You are a very well loved lady, and deservedly so! :) Sending along lots of love from the Fox family.

    Love,
    Justin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bonnie, It is Stephanie and Anna (Vicki Owen's daughter and grand daughter) from Virginia. We are thinking about you. We always look forward to visiting you while we are in Utah. You are an amazing, strong and beautiful woman. We love you! God bless you and your dear family! Love, Stephanie and Anna

    ReplyDelete