Saturday, November 21, 2015

Letter from Jodi Lynne

I received a letter tonight from Bonnie's granddaughter Jodi (Mike's daughter). She lives in San Diego and hasn't been able to make it up yet. We are hoping she can Tuesday. She asked that I posted it on the blog. I just read it too Grandma as well. While she wasn't able to tell me I know it meant so much to her.

Jodi - your words are perfect. Love you so. Love, Jen

Grandma-

You have been on my mind constantly these past days and weeks. I thought of you this morning first thing I woke up. What were you doing, were you still with us? What were you breathing like, feeling like? How you were enjoying seeing all of the family… I thought of you this morning first thing - a little nervous to look at my phone, not afraid to find out what may have happened over the night while I was sleeping, but maybe just the uncertainty of how my emotions would hold up. I thought of you yesterday while I cut open an avocado for Savannah and used the avocado slicer you  gave me. I think of you every time I use it and smile - best simplest gift ever award! I thought of you the day before when I saw a little Boston Terrier. I thought of you the hour before that when I used the phrase, “I’m just tickled”. I thought of you the day before that when I saw a lady at the store with some dangly earrings - as they reminded me of the ones you had made out of key chains, the ones with little dice on them. I think of you all of the time. 
Then at Jeremiah’s last soccer game of the season this morning I thought of you again, yet this time I thought a little more about it, how often you are on my mind, perhaps more now than ever before. But then again, I realized that I have always thought of you a lot. I think of you every time I eat a green olive. When I see my big smile in pictures. When I prepare meals for my family. So many things make me think of you. Some big and some little - some things filled with emotions, and some just simply little pointless objects. You have filled all of our hearts with so many good memories. So many happy times, giggles, and smiles. It saddens me that I cannot be with the family right now, as I am attempting to juggle three young children, their last sporting events of the year, their last projects in school prior to Thanksgiving break. Although I do look so forward to seeing you and the family on Tuesday, I want you to know that if that day does not come, although I will surely cry, I will be happy for you. Happy that you have moved on to experience the next step. Happy that you are no longer struggling to hold on. Happy that you will be reunited with loved ones that have left before you. At the same time I will be saddened by the concept that I no longer get to see you, hear your voice while chatting on the phone, or see you at family gatherings. No longer will I get a card in the mail and spend a few minutes trying to decipher what you had written. But I will continue to think of you….
 Although I would love to say I will think of you when I see an elderly woman on a roller coaster or an elderly woman floating on a lake in a little blown up floaty on her 80th birthday, these events will probably not happen - as the majority elderly woman are not like you… and would never think of doing such things as you did. I will think of you when I play with a deck of cards, when I am in need of some unbiased advice. I will think of you and smile when I realize I have makeup on my face from a hug I received from another. When I make a trip to Utah to visit. I will think of you when little Savannah Bell dances around in her boots. I will continue to think of you and be thankful to have had you in my life. Thankful that my children had the chance to meet you. Thankful that Jeremiah is at an age where he will hold onto his own unique memories of you, like the ones he talks about on your adventures in Alaska. I will think of you and smile. And when it is my time to move on from this small world, I will be so tickled to see you again. I love you dearly, you will always hold a special place in my heart. Thank you for being such a wonderful grandma, great grandma, and friend to us all!

 Love you So, 
Jodi Lynne

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful letter! Bonnie, you have created so many memories for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, Jodi!!!

    You summed it up for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully said Jodi - some many "Bonnieisms"

    ReplyDelete