Friday, November 20, 2015

Friday Morning

Doug, Carrie and Olivia got in at 10 last night. She wasn't able to visit but did open her eyes a few times to see them.

She woke up for a few minutes around midnight for more pain meds and a bathroom break. But it was right back to bed and back to sleep. She didn't stir again until 6:30.

The periods of rest are getting longer and its getting harder for her to hold conversations. She likes to hear the stories we are all telling as we have "brought the party to her"and will smile occasionally and squeeze your hand.

This morning she was talking for a few minutes and was able to talk to her grand kids Alena and Griffin. She had a smile on her face when she heard their voices but wasn't really able to say much. When we asked how she was doing after a few moments she replied softly "Patty perfect"

Mike is now coming on Saturday and Griffin and Allison will be here this evening. We are hoping she will be able to hang on.

Oh how we love our Grandma.

Love, Jen


4 comments:

  1. Dear Bonnie......Our birds are on strike since you left your house. They're going to Joyce and Geniel's feeders, but not ours! I have fond memories of you making food for the hummingbirds and you kept running our of sugar to make the solution. Instead of 4 cups of water to 1 cup of sugar, you made your solution 4 cups of sugar to 1 cup of water. So cute and funny you are. Miss you...Vicki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just read it to her and she laughed! Thank you for your message.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. Letter to Bonnie from Mandy:

    Dearest Bonnie,

    I wish, with all of my heart, that I could give you a big hug right now! I am so, so sorry that I can't be there to tell you in person how much I love you and wish you were feeling better.

    From the moment I met you, you welcomed me into your beautiful family, and I am so incredibly grateful to have you in my life. I cherish all of our long talks and the words of wisdom you share with me. You have given me such great perspective on so many things ... from life & love to camper van adventures! =) You bring happiness and laughter into my world every time I see you. I am a better person for having you in my life & I consider you a very dear friend. I hope you know how much I admire you & that I respect you so deeply.

    I'm so thankful that you are surrounded by family & so much love right now. You are such a bright light. Thank you, so much, for all the joy you bring to me & my little ones. You have done so much for us I could never thank you enough.

    I love you so much.

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete